Need a Pay-for-Performance (P4P) advertising partner to accelerate your business growth?
We’re looking for win-win partnerships.
Synopsis: Pay-for-Performance (P4P) Partnership Process
- P4P Risks/Rewards
- What We Don’t Do
- What We Do
- Data Science & AI
- The Catch
- P4P Trial Selection Process
- Qualification Examples
- 2-Week P4P Trial
- 90-Day P4P Trial
- P4P Remuneration
The basic appeal of a Pay-for-Performance partnership is that instead of paying for marketing and advertising services that may or may not generate enough leads and sales to justify the cost, you pay for marketing and advertising performance: usually leads or sales.
As ideal as a Pay-for-Performance business partnership can be — when you can find such an arrangement that provides significant leads and sales — there are two operative words: “business” and “partnership.”
In other words, the risk/reward needs to make business sense for each partner.
What We Don’t Do
Because there are a number of different Pay-for-Performance opportunities in the world, one way to describe what we do at Skyworks Marketing is by first highlighting what we are not:
- We’re not providing names and addresses from an existing database so that you can cold call them.
- We’re not an affiliate agency.
- We’re not advertising a generic service and sending the leads to multiple lead buyers.
Those services are fine for a number of businesses. But it’s not what we offer.
What We Do
We create custom sales funnels and provide ongoing advertising to generate real-time leads and/or sales exclusively for your business and no one else (and later, we may use content marketing with an emphasis on video).
Visit the following link to view how we drive optimal results: Marketing Strategy.
Stated in more detail, we provide full-service, customized sales funnels, developed specifically for your business, while simultaneously testing, optimizing and managing all the advertising (including video) to keep the funnel full, and at the same time seeking new ways to get more prospects into the funnel.
We take advantage of online advertising media, such as:
- and more
We also use offline media as well, such as:
- Direct mail
- Print ads
Furthermore, we generate ongoing content, including:
- Ongoing advertisements
- TV commercials (when pertinent)
- Creating/managing auto email sequences
The purpose of all this is to drive and nurture leads and sales for your business.
Data Science and Artificial Intelligence
Through data science and artificial intelligence, we provide metrics and expertise to help tune your product or service to generate even more impactful results.
With this data, we provide insights into potential upsells, cross-sells and new products that can help your business grow faster and more effectively.
Primarily, we use data science and artificial intelligence to lower ad costs and increase ad performance.
The longer we run the ads through the sales funnel, the more data we generate, and the more effective the advertising becomes.
This type of marketing and advertising requires labor, experience and expertise.
Whether we establish a partial or 100% pay-for-performance partnership, we want to be confident that the businesses we are promoting have a high closing ratio to turn leads into sales and provide good products and services.
A 2-week trial is our primary test to determine a good fit for our potential Pay-for-Performance partners.
However, this trial isn’t automated, nor is it a system where the labor is executed on your end. There is real human effort executed on our end to launch and manage a trial.
Hence, here’s the catch: We can’t offer a P4P partnership, or even a trial, to everyone who desires such. We need to determine the potential for a longer-term opportunity first. That means you’ll need to fill out our (free) P4P application to provide some preliminary information. Your part is easy.
On our end, your application will be manually reviewed and often research will be conducted to assess the opportunity.
P4P Trial Selection Process and Qualifications
There are two general categories of information we assess when evaluating whether we will offer a trial to a potential partner.
- THE BUSINESS ITSELF (including competition)
- THE KEY TEAM BEHIND IT
Our ideal partner represents a highly experienced team (or leader), is well-capitalized and has a truly unique and outstanding business.
But that’s not so common: especially the “unique” part.
As a result, we also seek partners that may not meet our ideal requirements but show enough promise that we’ll invest resources into a 2-week trial.
- Your product/service needs enough margin relative to advertising costs
- There needs to be an opportunity for adequate sales volume
- You need a higher-than-average quality product or service
- You need a good reputation
- You need a good sales team (if pertinent)
- You need effective operations
- Ideally, you have existing upsell and cross-sell products/services
On the other hand, if you have a very strong model and margin (along with a high-quality product or service), that combination, by itself, can sometimes be the basis for a win-win partnership.
It all boils down to mutual opportunity.
A business that represents a strong opportunity for a win-win partnership will qualify for a 2-week P4P trial. A business with low opportunity for a win-win partnership will not qualify.
Following are some examples.
- An average business model or idea without experienced leadership will probably not qualify for a trial.
- A mature and experienced team with a low-opportunity business model will not qualify.
- An inexperienced leader with little money and a brand-new business will not qualify – unless the idea or model is extraordinary.
- In other words, a truly outstanding and unique business without an experienced team ‘may’ qualify.
- A mature and experienced team with a good (average) business model may qualify.
- A great team and a great business opportunity will qualify.
- And to make things interesting, we may sometimes provide a trial for an opportunity that doesn’t look as promising, because we would like to see the trial metrics. So, anything can happen. The only way to find out for sure is if you submit a (free) application.
Again, it primarily boils down to mutual opportunity. Your application and the 2-week trial is where we gain some fundamental data.
2-Week P4P Trial
As part of the above qualifications and selection process, we’ll ask what you want to pay for a P4P lead or sale.
That number will be re-evaluated based upon real-world performance data after the 2-week trial.
Although we try to filter out trials that we don’t believe will show promise after a 2-week trial, the reality is such does occur.
So, after a 2-week trial, the performance data will inform three options:
- No go. We cut our losses and part ways as friends.
- The numbers show that the opportunity is so good that we can provide a 100% P4P Partnership, which means you pay only for completed leads or sales.
- The numbers are promising enough to continue a Partial P4P Partnership. A partial P4P partnership means you will pay at least media costs in addition to performance incentives.
By the way, it’s worth noting that a trial that yields unfavorable results is not an indication of the success potential of your business. This trial merely provides preliminary data regarding the speed of a longer-term P4P opportunity.
90-Day P4P Trial
A successful 2-Week P4P Trial means we can move on to a 90-Day P4P Trial.
A 90-Day P4P Trial provides more meaningful sales metrics. A 2-week trial can produce the minimum data necessary to evaluate the potential for a P4P partnership. But a 90-day trial gives us firmer ground to build a more robust sales funnel since we only implement a fraction of the sales funnel and advertising resources in the shorter trial.
Message optimization, landing page optimization, conversion optimization and other factors can begin to impact the metrics in the 90-day trial, which all serve to increase performance and lower cost.
P4P remuneration will be re-evaluated based upon the real-world performance data after the 90-day trial.
We’re seeking win-win partnerships. As such, the P4P remuneration needs to work well for both sides of the partnership.
The most basic metrics we evaluate include how many sales (and profit) are generated in a given time period. You may be pleased with the leads and sales, but what if the volume does not support continued effort on our end?
Once again, we’re looking for win-win P4P partnerships.
If this sounds like something you’d like to explore, the next step is to request and instantly receive your free P4P Application.
We can’t guarantee that you’ll qualify, but no matter what, you will receive a professional, timely and courteous response.
START YOUR FREE P4P APPLICATION
Click to request and instantly receive your P4P application form as part of our 2-Week Trial.
Avid hiker, bicyclist, motorcyclist and long-time advertising pro. Founder of Skyworks Marketing, Nonprofit Fire and Our Ventura TV (cable TV). One career highlight was working on a small team that built a business from nothing to over $100 Million in 3 years. Skyworks Marketing provides lead generation and video advertising services. We create custom marketing funnels that provide the highest-quality leads and sales.