How we win for you.
"Testing" is our Mantra
- Client Consultation to assess resources, goals and the “Client Story”
- Market research and written program
- Review or establish email database
- Research keywords and product/service offer (message, price, shipping, guarantee, etc)
- Create sales landing pages to split-test product/service offers
- Pay-per-Click (PPC) advertising to test and refine keywords, sales copy and offers
- Refine landing pages to further split-test product/service offers
- Iterate PPC and landing page refinements until “control” combination established
- If PPC profitable, continue. Otherwise, discontinue PPC
- Based upon prior results, and specific product/service, test other online and offline media channels
- Leverage high-performance keywords via Search Engine Optimization
- Test/refine database email marketing, taking advantage of all marketing data obtained
- Iterate multi-channel tests to develop “control” ad for each channel
- Continue to develop profitable channels and discontinue unprofitable channels
- Does this product/service lend itself to TV? If so, and based upon prior results and marketing data obtained, develop TV strategy
- Split-test TV ads in low-cost, local markets
- Iterate TV tests and refinements until “control” combination established
- Test “control” ad in larger geographical market
- As long as “control” ad is profitable, continue to expand into wider and wider geographic TV zones
- The ultimate opportunity is to integrate the most effective marketing channels, proven through a marketing process of testing and comparing, to get the most bang for your advertising buck.
The purpose of this outline is not to detail all actions and steps, since every business is unique. For example, this framework does not feature Social Media and “content marketing,” which, although pertinent to many businesses, can be integrated earlier or later, or not at all. However, “PPC” should be understood to include at least Google and Facebook, even though there are additional opportunities. (It bears emphasis that Facebook, in this context, is referring to paid ads).
Additionally, retargeting ads is currently one of the most effective advertising mediums. Tactically, such can be included at different places in the above sequence.
Furthermore, the database/email marketing aspect needs further highlight. When it is done well, it can still achieve the lowest-cost, highest-profit marketing opportunity for many businesses.
Finally, a vital aspect of a successful marketing program would be testing new products and services along with integrating cross-sells and up-sells into the marketing mix.
George Alger is the Principal of Skyworks Marketing, a digital advertising agency specializing in TV, video and internet marketing. He is a veteran sales/marketing technologist and an award-winning cable TV producer who has produced over 900 commercials, PSA’s, documentaries, trailers and mostly talk shows. He has serviced some of the largest companies in the B2B space, specifically marketing financial and IT services. Additionally, he was part of an executive team that built a health information business from nothing to over $100 million dollars in 3 years, through online marketing, direct mail and national TV advertising. For more information click, Contact Skyworks Marketing.